I'm hungry,,,

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 4:22 am
Hi Everyone,
I am five days post op and continuing the liquids phase, but I am so hungry it is driving me crazy!  Is this normal? Did anyone else feel hungry so soon? I am drinking my protein shakes 3 times a day and having one sugar free jello cup.  I am scared that when I can have soft foods on Saturday that I will pig out and make myself sick due to the hunger which I defiantly do not want.  Any thoughts or suggestions to ease the feeling (that does not require food)?

MaMa_M
on 10/21/09 5:31 am - MI
Make sure that you are sipping water or other SF non carbonated bevages all the time. Some of your hunger is "mind hunger" you think you are hungry when really you just need to hydrate your body.
MaMa M

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 5:49 am
Awesome! Good tip!
Bebe33
on 10/21/09 10:30 pm - Australia
 I've been feeling this alot' how bout clear broths? It is  definitely mind hungry was dicussing it with my sister today too. I ve been having clear broths as the shakes are bloating me and i can maybe 1 shake and that is it' i can't drin****il 1ish as its tight and i sip loads of water.
mzcancer2000
on 10/25/09 4:48 am
You said you were tight? I got the realize band the 13 of October. I was told the band is empty until the first fill. Did your surgeon fill your band then put it on you?

Bebe33
on 10/26/09 6:32 pm - Australia
 Yep mine is also empty :)
Pilar12
on 10/21/09 12:07 pm
Hey Lady. Take the suggestion of staying hydrated. It should help.. P

dvolumptious1
on 10/21/09 11:51 pm
As you know, my office put me on a 2 week liquid diet. 2 oz of protein shake every 2 hours for 6 dosages total and then clear broths and sugar free pudding and pops/yogurt in between. I'm to drink 32 to 64 oz of water or noncarbonated (n sugar) drinks. I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!! I've been working out at the gym and everything and I feel that I should be able to eat creamy soups or something. Its not like I'm not being physical and leading some sort of sedentary life. That is sooo not the case and I feel that I shouldn't be on it for 2 whole weeks based on them being afraid of my band slipping when other offices don't follow this protocol. Anyone who goes to their office has to do this. They shouldn't put everyone on the same diet bc everyone isn't the same. I feel like their trying to sabotage me by making me be on this liquid diet for soooo long.
Candi G.
on 10/22/09 11:37 pm - Knoxville, TN
IMO, it is completely normal!!!  The first three to four weeks were so incredibly difficult for me.  I cried more times that I like to admit.  All my emotional attachments to food came right to the surface and it was down right overwhelming to deal with.  You cannot give up solid food and not be hungry regardless of having surgery.  Plus once you throw mental hunger in on top of that, it's a nightmare!!  Are you allowed to eat SF popsicles or fudgesicles?  Those plus SF jello kept me sane.  I was allowed to eat as much of that plus clear liquids as I wanted as long as I kept it under 40 grams of carbs and over 60 grams of protein and over 64 oz of liquids.  Also find something else to do with your hands and mouth.  Chewing on straws was very helpful for me.  It kept my hands and mouth fixated.  Also SF cough drops or hard candies may be an option.  Trust me that it gets better and it's over before you know it.  You will make it through!
If nature had intended our skeletons to be visible, it would have put them on the outside of our bodies.

Joe B.
on 10/25/09 4:55 am - NC
On October 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM Pacific Time, atownsfinest wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am five days post op and continuing the liquids phase, but I am so hungry it is driving me crazy!  Is this normal? Did anyone else feel hungry so soon? I am drinking my protein shakes 3 times a day and having one sugar free jello cup.  I am scared that when I can have soft foods on Saturday that I will pig out and make myself sick due to the hunger which I defiantly do not want.  Any thoughts or suggestions to ease the feeling (that does not require food)?

Having the exact same problem.

Banded 10/19/09

Already eating egg salad as I'm strarving. No pain what so ever

Most Active